In this episode we talk with Sara Grey, founder of WANNABE. We’re meeting Sara at the beginning of her fempreneur journey. She is launching WANNABE as a side hustle, alongside her day job as an attorney and litigator. She walks us through the process of launching her side hustle, which will be selling protein blends for women starting this winter, and how she keeps her mindset focused on the hustle and her list of priorities day to day. Keep an eye out for new episodes featuring Sara, as we follow her as she launches her business and starts selling her products.
Launching a Side Hustle Episode Highlights
- Sara wanted to be an entrepreneur for many years in order to release her creative energy in a new way.
- “I stood at the top of the cliff for years, then finally I reached a point where the fear of regret outweighed the fear of failure.”
- Don’t wait for permission.
- “Balance is not on my goal list ever.”
- Keep priorities — Taking care of yourself should be one of them.
- Build your career around your life.
- “Be a student every day and forgive yourself.”
- “If I come out with a business that owns me, I’ve done it wrong.”
- “Fear always has a seat at the table, but it doesn’t get to decide what’s for dinner.”
- Journal as the women you will be 10-20 years from now.
Sara Grey is the founder of WANNNABE™—maker of protein blends to fuel the hustle. Grey founded WANNNABE™ to make whole-body health easier for women. She aims to change the conversation that women have with each other and themselves about health, fitness, nutrition and their bodies.
A former NCAA Division 1 athlete with a lifelong interest in the impact of nutrition and movement on our health, the idea for these blends grew out of Grey’s morning ritual of making potions to feel rejuvenated, strong, and energized. The first of their kind, each blend is all natural and includes Ayurvedic herbs or adaptogens plus superfoods, supplements, and power flowers.
For Grey, fitness is not measured on the scale or by your thigh gap. It’s about feeling your best so you can be your best. It’s about fueling your body and moving your body so you can hustle to be exactly who you wannabe.
In addition to being the President and CEO of WANNNABE™. Grey is also a successful attorney, practicing civil litigation, and host of WANNABE™ Radio Podcast.