In this episode, we talk about the business of blogging with fempreneur Corissa Enneking, founder of fatgirlflow.com. Corissa was fucking sick of working in an office, so she just went ahead and did something about it. She started a blog with the plan to lean out and in just six months she left her day job to run Fat Girl Flow full time.
Today, Corissa is managing a business model focused on building a community, running affiliate marketing, and selling merchandise that is all about body positivity and plus size fashion. She is simply killing it and taking back terms that have been brought her community down.
Business of Blogging Episode Highlights
- Communities can be a great resource, don’t miss out on the chance to build your’s.
- Let people know when you like them, it’s the best way to build your community.
- “Share your shine.”
- Started with Tumblr and got to know her community before blogging full time. Her network was built and ready.
- Sometimes you need to take a seat and see what other wonderful things other people are doing. The most creative, best ideas come from that place.
- Be vulnerable. Do the thing you’re scared of. Do the things that are authentically you and slightly terrifying.
Corissa is a blogger and youtuber at fatgirlflow.com. She shares her style journey and fat politics by tackling her hang ups around what she’s been socialized to believe about her own beauty and fatness. She’s created a line of merchandise with “fat bitch” emblazoned across items to help fat people reclaim the words that have been used to harm them for so long. She also runs Soyouwannablog.com, a website created to help fellow bloggers make money doing what they love.