In this episode we talk with Ashley Wilson founder of Everest and Company about how she launched her online boutique e-commerce business after spending several years working in the music industry. Ashley talks about how she used social media (Snapchat in particular) in partnership with a local launch party to kickoff the company. Ashley also talks about tools like Shopify that she uses on a daily basis. She also shares a bit of her social media strategy. Lots of great info for fempreneurs and in particular those launching e-commerce businesses.
- Understanding your target audience and finding out they may be broader than you expect
- Maximizing social media and Snapchat filters during a launch party
- Tools to run an e-commerce business like Shopify, Mailchimp and social media
- The unique challenges of an online only boutique
Ashley has been generous enough to offer our listeners a 15% discount on your order. Just use the promo code LEANOUT at https://www.everestandcompany.com/.
Ashley Wilson is a millennial entrepreneur based out of Nashville, TN who is constantly seeking out her dreams. After spending several years working in the music industry, Ashley decided to take the marketing tactics she learned and start her own business. Her love of branding and always wanting to support the women around her made her decide to open a women’s online boutique called Everest & Co. Through Everest & Co., Ashley helps women find confidence from within and clothes they can run the world in.
Follow Ashley online at:
Other episodes you might dig:
- Digital Media for Small Businesses — An interview with fempreneur Kae Whitaker
- Running an online fitness business — An interview with Charlene Dipaola founder of Hip Shake Fitness
- Running an Online Business — An interview with female entrepreneur Molly Beane
- The Business of Blogging — An interview with founder and fempreneur Corissa Enneking
Download the FREE Lean the F*ck Out Launch Kit
If you are thinking about starting a business or side hustle, check out our Lean the F*ck Out Launch Kit. The kit gives you tools and inspiration to start thinking like a fempreneur and start designing the life you want! You’ll receive a guided meditation to help you figure out your vision, a budget worksheet to see what you need financially to make a go of it, daily practices including printable worksheets and daily affirmations to help you keep your head up when your confidence is waning. Again, it’s free and it’s available at http://leanthef-ckout.com/launchkit-hsf.