In this episode of Lean the F*ck Out, we talk with Katrina McGhee, best-selling author, speaker and CEO of Loving on Me about the importance and value of worthiness as an entrepreneur. She shares tips on how you can embrace your confidence, understand your worthiness, and grow our businesses exponentially by using our greatest skills to master our work.
The Value of Worthiness for Entrepreneurs Episode Highlights:
- Self care is often seen as a nicety not a necessity. If we don’t take care of ourselves, we don’t show up as our highest self.
- Choose “pain free priorities” and decide how you want to show up based on circumstances of your life.
- Every morning: set the tone for your day, present yourself with a moment of gratitude and leave your phone behind. Start everyday with “I have everything I need to succeed.”
- Most of us are leading a life that we didn’t design for ourselves, leaving us without the understanding of the value that we give to the world.
- We don’t value our own worth, because we haven’t thought about (we let others decide for us).
- Understanding your value and worth helps us go beyond what we can do (ie: skills and competencies) and start understanding what we master and excel at.
- Understanding worthiness gets us off the rollercoaster of “Am I enough?”.
- Talk to yourself like you would your best friend or sister.
- If you understand your worth you can then challenge yourself to go beyond your comfort zone.
- “Identify your space for greatness and marry it with what you are willing to do.”
- Train yourself to speak to yourself differently.
- We can often misrepresent what confidence is, it is not ego and arrogance.
- Embrace courage by mastering learning. Ask yourself, “What I don’t know? What can learn?”
- Confidence is rooted in:
- Self-awareness, and
- Boosting your skills (embracing a forever learning mindset and the spirit of curiosity).
- Humility is not thinking less of yourself, it’s thinking of yourself less.
- Riches are in niches. You can’t be everything to everybody. Be focused to produce excellence.
- Go for what you want, not what you think you can get.
- Use your highest and best skills and farm everything else out (release yourself from minimum wage activities).
Best-Selling Author | Speaker | CEO, Loving on Me
Katrina McGhee is a best-selling author, speaker, and a strategic advisor for organizations across America. For over 20 years, she served as a senior executive for two of the world’s most recognizable non-profits, revolutionizing the way women were ignited to take charge of their health. Realigning her knowledge and experience of inspiring wellness, Katrina now serves as a women’s empowerment advocate, inspirational teacher, and life and career strategist.
In 2012, Katrina launched Loving on Me, a global movement encouraging women to love themselves, and each other, more. For the past six years, through her online “inspiration destination,” books, videos, and thriving social community, over sixty thousand women have joined her tribe, getting equipped with the tools they need to lead in every aspect of their lives.She is passionate about helping people reach their highest heights. With years of business experience, she is uniquely skilled at igniting change at individual and corporate levels in areas including leadership, personal branding and career development. Through her Loving on Me Academy, she provides online courses that empower audacious women to lead, inspire, and succeed.
Whether Katrina is transforming a corporate culture or inspiring individuals to achieve unimaginable success, McGhee is a powerful agent of change.
You can find Katrina online at:
Download the FREE Lean the F*ck Out Launch Kit
If you are thinking about starting a business or side hustle, check out our Lean the F*ck Out Launch Kit. The kit gives you tools and inspiration to start thinking like a fempreneur and start designing the life you want! You’ll receive a guided meditation to help you figure out your vision, a budget worksheet to see what you need financially to make a go of it, daily practices including printable worksheets and daily affirmations to help you keep your head up when your confidence is waning. Again, it’s free and it’s available at leanthef-ckout.com/launchkit.
Music: Sunshine by The Icicles