This week we talk with Alison Mountford, founder of Ends + Stems about her meal planning business that helps reduce household food waste. We talk about her entrepreneurial journey and what led her to open Ends + Stems and how the business is evolving. Alison shares tips on how she’s grown her customer base and how she retains them. She also talks about managing a large amount of content on an ongoing basis — tools she uses and tips on what has worked best for the business.
Meal Planning Episode Highlights:
- Stats on food waste:
- 40% of food we produce ends up in the landfill
- $165 billion of edible food is wasted in the US
- Ends + Stems helps home cooks reduce food waste through a meal planning subscription service.
- Alison shares how the business started as a blog and how it is currently evolving into a subscription model
- Alison tells us how she has built and continues to grow her email list
- She shares tools and tips for managing ongoing content which is a large part of her business
- Alison also shares lessons learned from her businesses and her advice to listeners considering leaning the f*ck out
50% off first month of Ends + Stems with promo code: MEALPLAN
About Alison Mountford
Alison Mountford is the Founder, Chef and CEO at Ends+Stems. Alison has 15 years of head chef and entrepreneurial experience. In 2004, she founded her first company (Square Meals), which delivered ready to eat meals to busy families around the Bay Area. Mountford’s business acumen, vision, and management successfully grew this business from one client to selling thousands of high end meals weekly and was at the forefront of the meal delivery trend. Square Meals was sold in 2015. Her time leading procurement for a large food tech company inspired her to found Ends+Stems and set off a mission to do good for the planet and customers. E+S combines her unique knowledge of consumer food habits, culinary skill set, and accurately forecasts a need in the Food Waste trends developing today. Alison holds a culinary degree from the California Culinary Academy and both an A.A and B.A from New York University.
Follow Alison online at:
Download the FREE Lean the F*ck Out Launch Kit
If you are thinking about starting a business or side hustle, check out our Lean the F*ck Out Launch Kit. The kit gives you tools and inspiration to start thinking like a fempreneur and start designing the life you want! You’ll receive a guided meditation to help you figure out your vision, a budget worksheet to see what you need financially to make a go of it, daily practices including printable worksheets and daily affirmations to help you keep your head up when your confidence is waning. Again, it’s free and it’s available at leanthef-ckout.com/launchkit.
Music: Sunshine by The Icicles
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.