In this interview we talk with Tasha Booth about how she went from touring musical theatre performer to CEO of her own business support services business. Tasha shares some of the lessons she has learned from the growth of her business, some amazing tips on how to keep a virtual team motivated, and pointers on how solopreneurs can recognize when it is time to hire support services to grow their business.
Hiring Support Services to Grow Your Business Episode Highlights:
- Being honest with yourself about what you are great at and not so great at will help you understand how to best build your business.
- “Stay in your zone of genius.” – Tasha Booth
- As you grow, get to know what your best ‘type’ of client is for your business and your work style.
- Making a virtual team work:
- Utilize a rigorous vetting system for new hires.
- Make sure new hires are critical thinkers that can work independently.
- Try out tools like the Colby A to get to know each other’s work styles.
- Host weekly team meetings, be sure to include non-work items like shout outs/praises for fellow team members.
- Use Slack or other communications tools for ongoing communication.
- Give as many thank yous as you can and remember what is important to each of your team members (make this an intentional part of on-boarding – favorite things: restaurants, foods, etc)
- If you feel like you are working outside your zone of genius more than in your zone of genius, it might be time to hire support services to grow your business.
- If you are always procrastinating on specific tasks it might be time to hire support services to grow your business.
- Even if you feel like you don’t have a ton of time to put into their business, you can get started with just 30 minutes a day.
- Do one thing a week that pushes the needle forward on your business.
Tasha Booth is a podcaster, mentor, and Online Business Manager for successful course creators and coaches.
She is the CEO of The Launch Guild – an Online Business Management & Virtual Support Agency which supports coaches and course creators with everything from podcast development to systems creation, from daily business management to 6-figure launches.
Tasha also mentors virtual support pros (VAs & OBMs) who are passionate and ready to grow their businesses while living life on their own terms.
You can find Tasha online at:
Download the FREE Lean the F*ck Out Launch Kit
If you are thinking about starting a business or side hustle, check out our Lean the F*ck Out Launch Kit. The kit gives you tools and inspiration to start thinking like a fempreneur and start designing the life you want! You’ll receive a guided meditation to help you figure out your vision, a budget worksheet to see what you need financially to make a go of it, daily practices including printable worksheets and daily affirmations to help you keep your head up when your confidence is waning. Again, it’s free and it’s available at leanthef-ckout.com/launchkit.
Music: Sunshine by The Icicles