In this episode of Lean the F*ck Out, Gretchen and Tera talk with Rachael Kay Albers, founder and creative director of RKA ink, a branding, web design, and digital marketing studio. Rachael talks about how she got her business started and her effing hilarious video series, Awkward Marketing, a business comedy show blending fun size small business advice with storytelling and sketch comedy.
Epic Marketing for Unforgettable Brands Episode Highlights:
- In the act of defining what you are against, what your brand is not, you can begin to understand who you are and who you want your audience to be.
- Relationships are at the core of how businesses are growing.
- Most businesses that fail at marketing do so because they are trying to fit themselves into some else’s model.
- Don’t just create the passive income tool just because someone told you to. Don’t chase all the different ideas. Let what you should be doing “burst out of you”.
- If you spend too much time and money on what others are doing, you can deflate your business momentum.
- Ask yourself: What’s missing in the conversation? Contribute something to your industry that hasn’t been done yet. Contribute to the conversation with a new approach.
- “You don’t have 35 wigs on the wall to create an epic brand.”
- Become a “Talk Trigger”.
- Boundaries, boundaries, boundaries. You have to have boundaries.
- Build your damn email list from day one.
- People are going to treat you the way you are going to treat yourself.
- Be the one to hire yourself first.
Rachael Kay Albers
Rachael Kay Albers is a marketer who hates marketing. As the founder and creative director of RKA ink, a branding, web design, and digital marketing studio based outside Chicago, Rachael has helped hundreds of thought leaders and visionary entrepreneurs all over the world stand out online without selling their soul or playing the manipulation game. Rachael’s clients have used their online platforms to launch bestselling books, five star podcasts, and six figure funnels.
When not crafting epic, unforgettable brands for her clients, Rachael hosts Awkward Marketing, a business comedy show blending fun size small business advice with storytelling and sketch comedy, for entrepreneurs who want to create epic, unforgettable brands online. Rachael has been featured in Inc. Magazine and The Huffington Post and been a guest on podcasts like Make Money Your Honey, Marketing In Yoga Pants, and The Entrepreneur Mastermind Show.
Rachael lives in St. Charles, IL with her husband, daughter, two troublemaking dogs, and a bunch of old computer cords they’re afraid to throw away.
You can find Rachel online at:
Download the FREE Lean the F*ck Out Launch Kit
If you are thinking about starting a business or side hustle, check out our Lean the F*ck Out Launch Kit. The kit gives you tools and inspiration to start thinking like a fempreneur and start designing the life you want! You’ll receive a guided meditation to help you figure out your vision, a budget worksheet to see what you need financially to make a go of it, daily practices including printable worksheets and daily affirmations to help you keep your head up when your confidence is waning. Again, it’s free and it’s available at leanthef-ckout.com/launchkit.
Music: Sunshine by The Icicles