This week we talk with Linda Otterbridge, founder of Hook a Sista Up and purveyor of connections between women business owners. HASU is a membership based sisterhood, movement and platform for women entrepreneurs who share a common goal. “Entrepreneurship.” HASU brings women together to share valuable experiences and resources that help each other as they travel on their business journey. Linda shares the challenges and triumphs she’s seen with many women owned businesses including her own and offers great advice for making connections and getting support.
- Linda founded Hook a Sista Up (HASU)
- HASU is for any woman who wants to start a business who may need a mentor or have an idea and want to get connected
- They come together to build connections and support each other.
- Monthly accountability check ins
- Confidence is one of the barriers Linda has seen for women considering taking their business full time. It could be family structure that matters or level or risk adversity or if they have the right support.
- Triumphs Linda has seen in women owned businesses
- Women owned businesses are very good at multitasking.
- Women are better at patience and tolerating/resilience.
- Women will fall back, not let it go and try again. We don’t give up as easily.
- What kind of support do you have?
- Connections/Network which lead to customers
- “Connections are the new cash cow.” – Linda M. Otterbridge
- Time management is critical
- HASU is a platform, a movement.
Linda M. Otterbridge
Linda Otterbridge is the president and owner of Hook a Sista Up Collaborative www.hasucollaborative.com
Hook a Sista Up was created in Charlotte NC however launched in Grand Rapids, MI. June 2013. HASU is a membership based sisterhood, movement and platform for women entrepreneurs who share a common goal. “Entrepreneurship.” HASU brings women together to share valuable experiences and resources that help each other as they travel on their business journey. They do this through monthly accountability check in’s and mentorships.
Linda is responsible for redefining the way women connect and build relationships through hook-up’s and sharing of resources. HASU has grown and expanded into other niche platforms like Women who Write GR which serves authors, writers, editors, publishers and all businesses for women who write.
As the president and owner of HASU Linda orchestrates and wear’s many hats within the platform to remain relevant to the many needs of women who join as a member. She serves as a mentor, business coach, accountability coach and her new role as host of her NEW podcast show- “The no Plan B entrepreneur.” Coming in Jan 2019.
As a career Linda serves as a Site Manager for a Behavioral Health Counseling Center. She also holds a Masters Degree in Organizational Management from Spring Arbor University in which she graduated in 2008.
Linda resides in Grand Rapids and is wife, mother and grandmother of a 7yr old girl and 7 month old baby boy.
Linda believes in serving others so they can be of service to others. She also enjoys sharing her knowledge and promoting women owned businesses so that she can help others grow their businesses.
One win- we ALL win.
Follow Linda online at:
Download the FREE Lean the F*ck Out Launch Kit
If you are thinking about starting a business or side hustle, check out our Lean the F*ck Out Launch Kit. The kit gives you tools and inspiration to start thinking like a fempreneur and start designing the life you want! You’ll receive a guided meditation to help you figure out your vision, a budget worksheet to see what you need financially to make a go of it, daily practices including printable worksheets and daily affirmations to help you keep your head up when your confidence is waning. Again, it’s free and it’s available at leanthef-ckout.com/launchkit.
Music: Sunshine by The Icicles