This week we talk with International Business Development Coach and Speaker Mel McSherry about prioritizing your profits and slashing stress. We also dive into time management, weekly goal boards, to do lists, and establishing boundaries. Get your notepad ready!
Mel predominantly works with women business owners who are exhausted and overwhelmed by what they think they need to do, in order to be successful. As an entrepreneur since 2010, Mel has launched two successful businesses, doubled her monthly income, and created a true life by design. She has worked with hundreds of people helping them get crystal clear on what they want and prioritizing the time that they have.
Prioritizing Profits Episode Highlights:
- Ways to slash stress:
- Getting crystal clear on what YOU want (not partner, not kids, just YOU)
- Learn how to tame your time.
- Give yourself that time to breath when things shift
- Reassess, reapply and move on
- Learning boundaries and “Saying no to the good so that you can say yes to the best.”
- IF you keep doing the small things you will always play small. It’s the big items that propel you forward.
- Conscious vs. unconscious procrastination
- Time management:
- Goal and vision board each month. How much and how many clients, etc.
- What resources do I have now to make that happen? What do you already have?
- Weekly plan of action on top of that.
- Don’t put personal things on your business to do list. Never ever.
- Mel’s Monthly Goal Board Tutorial on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52j42_KUwvM
About Melissa McSherry
Mel is an International Business Development Coach and Speaker. She predominantly works with women business owners who are exhausted and overwhelmed by what they think they need to do, in order to be successful. She helps them slash their stress by showing them how to prioritize their profits, their time, and themselves, correctly so they can create the money, the business, and the life they want, fast!
As an entrepreneur since 2010, Mel has launched two successful businesses, doubled her monthly income, and created a true life by design, all while raising a seven year old son. She has worked with hundreds of people helping them get crystal clear on what they want and prioritizing the time that they have so they can create the success they desire as well as the free time to enjoy it.
Mel has had the privilege of facilitating her profit prioritization workshop, and sharing her steps to success, internationally at companies and events, including 1871, CareerBuilder, Ellevate Women’s Network, MNG (Cavan County, Ireland and Donegal County, Ireland), Shift/Second Shift Chicago, Women Techmakers at GDG, and Creative Women’s Co. As well as on several podcasts including “Live for Yourself” with Benjamin Ritter, “The Brave Entrepreneur” podcast with Mela Rodriguez, “The Weekly Parady” with Heather Parady, and “Learn Grow Earn” with Mike Szczesniak. You can also read more about her journey in a spotlight article by VoyageChicago Magazine.
Additionally, she volunteers her time to mentor fellow female entrepreneurs at the renowned tech hub, 1871, in Chicago, IL.
Follow Mel online at:
Download the FREE Lean the F*ck Out Launch Kit
If you are thinking about starting a business or side hustle, check out our Lean the F*ck Out Launch Kit. The kit gives you tools and inspiration to start thinking like a fempreneur and start designing the life you want! You’ll receive a guided meditation to help you figure out your vision, a budget worksheet to see what you need financially to make a go of it, daily practices including printable worksheets and daily affirmations to help you keep your head up when your confidence is waning. Again, it’s free and it’s available at leanthef-ckout.com/launchkit.
Music: Sunshine by The Icicles